I am not a foodie that goes around and tries every restaurant, but I have tried some – especially Ramen places. This Ramen craze has caught me, and I love it. Noodles, hot soup and everything else that goes along with it. SO YUM. Here are the top 5 for me 🙂
1. RYU Ramen and Curry: My favorite place! I don’t know why it isn’t it most lists of best Ramen places because I love it. I get the Tantanmen that’s spicy and it makes you sweat. I crave it. It is in the new Ayala Town Center along Katipunan.
2. Ukokkei Ramen Ron: We went here a few days ago for lunch. We all got the Ramen with pork (ha ha sorry I cannot remember the name). It’s one of the specialties. I heard in the evening they have a special Ramen that they only make 50 bowls. So go early. The lunch Ramen we got was yummy and HOT. Didn’t get cold right away, and was in ceramic bowls. Very nice. Along Pasay Road in Makati.
3. Kanzhu: Technically not Ramen, but was one of the first establishments that introduced noodles. I like it here too. Though it is somewhat filling and heavy. And watching them make the noodles is an added treat. Now they will have to adapt to the Ramen craze. I have been to two branches: along Marcos Highway and in SM Hypermart in Pasig.
4. Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen: This place is expensive. And weird that the ingredients of the Ramen are all the same. You just choose the soup / spice level / etc. Kind of too expensive and too simple. With all the competition, you’d think it’ll be better. I went to the one in Shangri-La Mall in Mandaluyong. Probably won’t go again.
5. RamenCool: I wasn’t impressed. The Ramen wasn’t all that yummy. And the service was slow. I had a lot of expectations after having a lot of Ramen beforehand, but it was disappointing. Maybe I need to try it again. I went to the one in Kapitolyo in Pasig.