So sad to hear about Jesse Robredo. Sadder that everyone knows he was the best of the bunch. I wonder how they feel that everyone says it. We need more like him.
Seeing all the tweets from different Senatoriables, it made me think… if the elections were decided based on Twitter followers, who would win? This is based on who we think are running, and who has Twitter (maybe I haven’t found their account yet).
We all know that as the deadline for filing of Candidacies approaches, this landscape will change. So we will update this as often as…. I remember to do it.
No Twitter: Barbers, Cayetano, Garcia, Honasan, Lim, Maceda, J Magsaysay and Trillanes.
And the winners are:
1. Chiz Escudero @saychiz: 75,321
2. Risa Hontiveros @risahontiveros: 37,317
3. Ruffy Biazon @ruffybiazon: 21,488
4. Loren Legarda @loren_legarda: 13,098
5. Bam Aquino @bamaquino: 9,409
6. Sonny Angara @sonnyangara: 6,609
7. Mitos Magsaysay @mitosmagsaysay: 5,064
8. Koko Pimentel @koko_pimentel: 4,147
9. Migz Zubiri @migzzubiri: 3,518
10. Dick Gordon @chairmangordon: 3,508
11. Joel Villanueva @secjoelv: 3,309
12. Joey de Venecia III @joeydevenecia: 1,672
And the runners-up:
13. Sherwin Gatchalian @wintayo: 1,267
14. Cynthia Villar @cynthia_villar: 595
15. Jack Enrile @jackenrile: 224
16. JV Ejercito @josephejercito: 1
Advice for all of you, choose your Twitter name wisely. And don’t change it. And you don’t need more than one 🙂