AM Day 8 of 40 Days of Lamentations
PM Day 8 of 40 Days with Job
Chapter 2 of A Covenant with God
God is near! Our Covenant brings us closer to God! Through prayer and scripture reading, we get to talk to a God who is ACTUALLY LISTENING to us! I know God listens to me, because He answers my prayers and the desires of my heart – especially when brought to Him in prayer. Yearning, pleading, begging, crying… and even in joy, peace, fulfillment.
Our covenant. We sometimes get into discussions about following our Covenant. We even hear talks that keep going back to it, time and again. But, just like the RH Bill that has people with their opinions on it, have we taken the time to read it? Again and again? Here it is:
1. I shall live as a follower of Christ.
* Pray and read the Bible daily.
* Strive for holiness and Christian perfection.
2. I dedicate myself to the task of building a strong family for Christ.
* Invest myself in time and effort for home and family.
* Live out and defend the culture of life.
3. I shall be a committed and active member of Couples for Christ.
* Faithfully attend meetings and participate in community events.
* Give generously of my time and finances for the furtherance of our mission.
* Undergo all formation courses.
* Relate in love, loyalty and respect with all members of the CFC family.
4. I shall be a witness to the world of God’s love.
* Actively evangelize and do mission.
* Love and serve my parish.
- Love and care for the poor.
The Covenant is not that hard to follow. Pray and read. Try to live a holy life, everyday. Time and effort for your family. Protect and defend life. Attend meeting and events. Tithe! Undergo formation. Relate in love. Evangelize! Serve the Parish! Love the poor. Really, how hard is that?